Thursday, October 15, 2009

So it is Thursday night, and I have been in Korea now for about 6 days! It has been an adventure and I have loved almost every second of it. My kindergarten kids are really cute, and actually know quite a but of English. I caught a chest cold this week though, which has made my days super long! My apartment is treating me well, and I have gotten used to the size....most of the time. I ventured on the subway the other day to E-mart, which is kind of like a Walmart, accept everything is in Korea. I stuck to buying fruits and vegetables that I recognized. I went out to dinner the other night and had bibimbop, which is spicy rice and vegetables with beef and a raw egg yolk over the top served in a hot stone bowl.DELICIOUS!

P.S Everything is SOOOO spicy here....love it

2 comments:

  1. Pepita or should we call you Pepita Teacher now? It is very exciting to be able to communicate with you this way. When i was in Korea it took over a week and sometimes over two weeks to get mail. We are going to check out the Webcam ASAP in order that we can communicate and see you once in a while. Your apartment looks comfortable, but tiny and it will be a great adventure for you. We love you!!!!!!!!!
    Gramma and Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pepita, Parmesan? By now you should be most familiar with Kimchi, or have you tried it yet? You were talking about "Hot" stuff and Kimchi is the ultimate of "Hot." Let us know if you have tried it and like it. The only other dish I remember about Korean food is "Bulkoki" Beef Steak. LU!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gramp

    ReplyDelete