Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Shrinking Classes

So I had school today. Many kids were absent, but I suppose the show must go one. I started the day with only 4/9 kids, and then two showed up late. Two of my kids officially have H1N1, and one caught it at the hospital supposedly. One teacher had only 3 kids their today, and the grand prize winner was a teacher with one student in her Morning Kinder class! I'm not sure what the next few weeks will bring, but we shall see. I'm not worried at all, just annoyed that we are kept in the dark at work and living day by day.
***On a lighter note I took the long way home from work today and went on a 45 minute walk! It was much warmer today, and almost got up to 60 degrees. The weather is all over the place here (sort of reminiscent of Rochester).

2 comments:

  1. Kind of worried about it, although we 60-year olds aren't in the risk pool...40 were absent out of 200 in Lower School, I heard. The entire 3rd grade crew was not here one day--Misha, Alec, Sterling, Leaz...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not worried for msyelf, but it is pretty scary that it is spreading so quickly. I think people are on hyper alert to avoid their children cathing the flu. Many have colds, and that puts them at risk for getting much sicker. I am trying to be dilligent with hand washing and sanitizing my room often. I have heard that Pittsford Schools has as many as 100 kids absent the last couple weeks in one school alone!

    ReplyDelete